The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a law passed by the European Union, goes into effect on May 25, 2018. In response to this new law, Sahil al Bahar Tourism LLC (SABT) has taken several steps to protect the privacy of our users.
At a high level, GDPR aims to ensure that data is protected and privacy is ensured through a combination of security measures, consent from individuals, clearer privacy policies, and severe fines for non-compliance. At SABT, we are strongly focus on security, privacy, and compliance with laws like CAN-SPAM, COPPA, and CalOPPA, we were already prepared for many aspects of GDPR. However, there are some changes that we have made and will make to our website and to our business processes for GDPR.
Rights of Individuals
Individuals are granted a number of additional rights under GDPR:
- Right to erasure: An individual may request that an organization delete all data on that individual without undue delay. You can submit a request to be forgotten by writing to email@example.com.
- Right to object: An individual may prohibit certain data uses by easily being able to opt-in and opt-out of activities. You can easily change your preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the “update your preferences” link at the bottom of our email communications.
- Right to restrict processing: An individual may ask to restrict or ‘block’ the processing. You can easily change your preferences by emailing email@example.com or clicking on the “update your preferences” link at the bottom of our email communications.
- Right to rectification: Individuals may request that incomplete data be completed or that incorrect data be corrected. You can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of portability: Individuals may request that personal data held by one organization be transported to another. You may request an export of your data by writing to email@example.com.
User Interface Changes
SABT has updated language on our site to make our opt-in flows more clear.
We have conducted staff training on best practices for security and privacy and will continue to provide this training to all SABT staff members and contractors who handle data on a regular basis.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us at:
Sahil al Bahar Tourism LLC
B-316, Al Arif,
Al Quoz -3.